Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Piano Solo: Fantasia

This is the piece I performed for my student recital. I wish I would have thought to have someone take a video of that performance as the sound was so much better on that $100k Steinway 9 ft grand piano.

This recording is on my home piano and from my cell phone. The piece is "Fantasia" written by Jeanine Yeager. I love this piece and for some reason it reminds me of Water, both in it's calming and destructive stages. I added clips to the music to illustrate how the music affects me. :)

4 comments:

Puphigirl said...

Are you able to rent time on the good piano? Then you could have someone record you playing it, and you wouldn't have the added nervousness of playing in front of the judges.

greenolive said...

That was so relaxing. I remember hearing you play the piano all the time at home and it became such a part of my life. This brought back so many memories. Yet one more reason we need to live closer.

Debbi said...

wow! Such awesome talent. I'm totally envious, but seriously impressed. Love you, gir.

I really liked that cookie said...

Loved the piece - you should give yourself some more credit, you are really good!