Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Plans

Easter is tomorrow! W00t!

Hunt - No More!
Traditionally, in the past I've either taken the kids to an Egg Hunt or we've had our own with cousins the day before Easter. Well, not this year. It's so late in the season that there were too many other conflicts to have the cousins over this time. And my youngest is 11 years old... so, the days of the Easter Egg hunts are over for now.

Easter Bonnets?
No, not here. I don't think I've ever worn an Easter Bonnet. Growing up my mom did get us or sew us a new Easter dress. That was always fun. My boys don't really care about Easter clothes. My oldest one will be at Prom tonight, so I am going to have him wear his tux to church tomorrow - haha. I did get my daughter a new dress. I found an awesome one last month on sale at The Rack (way less than I could sew one for - $15!!!) My middle one will wear his Sunday suit and we'll call it good. I will be singing in the choir and I'm sure the services tomorrow will be great.

Feast-for-Easter
The menu I have planned for tomorrow's Easter dinner is as follows:
Yeast Dinner Rolls.

For beverages I found an array of flavored sparkling lemonades for $.68 per 2 liter. The colors seemed perfect for Easter. I will have to let you know if they taste any good!

We are planning to color eggs as well. Not sure yet if we'll get to it today. It may have to wait until tomorrow. But, all in all, it should be a great day!

What about you? What do you have planned?

3 comments:

Puphigirl said...

I am planning to come to your house.

greenolive said...

We went to an egg hunt last week with the kids. We decorated eggs on Friday. Saturday they found their baskets and then they found eggs hid around the house. I started cooking some things that afternoon. Sunday I got up early to start the ham. When we got home we just heated up some rolls and some corn and we were ready. We had homemade potato salad, corn, rolls, ham, and green jello salad. We drank pink lemonade and I'm curious how your flavored lemonade was. We talked about the meaning of Easter and just enjoyed the rest of the day. It was a great Easter for us.

Rhonda said...

just posted about mine. lol