Anywhooo... got me thinking, "but what about the things I've already done, that I never even ever would have imagined I'd do once upon a time?" (Like that grammar there, did ya? ;) )
Looking back, sort of realizing the many things I have already accomplished has really been strengthening for me. It confirms my beliefs that I can do hard things and lends affirmations that there is a plan for me and that my Heavenly Father loves me. Not everything on my "reverse" bucket list is something others might view as particularly positive. Nonetheless, these are the things that I never ever even would have imagined, and in some way or another they have made me stronger.
I never imagined I'd ever...
- fall in love the first time at age 15.
- have my first heartache at age 15. :)
- have 3 oral surgeries as a teenager.
- be involved in 3 car accidents as a teenager.
- get accepted into the Indiana All-State Honor's Choir 3 consecutive years in High School.
- have a lead in a High School Musical Production.
- do missionary work in Bloomington on the IU Campus.
- go to college in Hawaii.
- get married at age 19.
- have a baby at age 20.
- move back home to Indiana.
- move to Utah. (Once I told my paw that I'd NEVER move Utah. He said, "never say never". I said, "mark my words...[evil laugh]")
- Learn to cook, or cook well.
- work for the airlines.
- have 2 more children.
- become ill and have 2 more surgeries.
- get my real estate license.
- get a divorce.
- get my Title/Escrow license.
- become a certified public notary.
- have a second chance at 50 first dates.
- become a "born-again" virgin (tee hee)
- get my concealed carry permit.
- get a gun.
- write a novella (still needs publishing, but hey! it's written!)
- become good friends with the now-wife of my then-boyfriend.
- be the target of neighborhood meanness.
- be the receiver of many generous people who have helped me over the last few years without expecting anything in return, and many times while staying anonymous.
- go back to school
- get straight A's
- feel love again...
I am sure there is much more that I have surprised myself with over the years, but these are just the first thirty or so that came to mind. What about you? What have you done or accomplished that you never would've guessed "once upon a time"?