I don't know movie lines or quotes like other people do. That being said, there are some that just seem ingrained in my brain. And when I am in certain situations, I respond with one of these lines; usually without even thinking about it either. Most of the time, the person on the receiving end has no idea what I am talking about, and I often get a weird look in return.
Then, I have to go through the trouble of saying something like, "Oh, sorry. It's a line from that movie...[still giving me an awkward look]...when that one guy...oh, never mind..." And then the essence of the line is totally lost. I hate when I've wasted a good line. Anyway, here are some lines that I can think of off the top of my head that I say. See if you know the reference...
1) When I'm thirsty, I say:
"These pretzels are making me thirsty."
2) When I am in an awkward moment or if I'm just saying good bye, sometimes I say:
"Good seein' ya, Su-Chin."
3) When someone at work has sent me an email containing information I have requested, often times I have wanted to respond:
"To Wong-Foo, Thanks for everything. Love, Julie Newmar."
(actually, i did use this once in response to a friend's email and then she replied, "oh. i think you meant to send this to someone else")
4) If one of my kids whines that they are hungry, but then turns their nose up at what I have to offer, I say:
"Oh no. Not today, Buster. You wanted food and I gave it to you, so now you're gonna eat it."
5) When someone doesn't "get it", or if they are holding out on me, I say:
"You're killin me, Smalls."
6) Sometimes (when someone I know calls) I answer the phone saying:
"Yo-yo, yiggity yo."
7) If someone has completed a task or assignment well enough, I say:
"That'll do, Pig. That'll do."
(though I have to stop myself sometimes. cuz I worry that if they don't get the reference, they will think I am calling them a pig.)
8) When I see heavy dark clouds:
"Tut, tut. Looks like rain."
9) I've mentioned this one before, but when I want one of my kids to sit down:
"Sit Ubu, sit."
10) When someone tells me about someone else who is engaged, I say:
"Mawage. Mawage is wot bwings us togeder tooday."
11) If someone is looking for me, I answer with:
"Hee I is..."
12) If/When someone comments on my ka-now-ledge, I say:
"My momma didn't raise no dummy."
13) When someone says something not particularly funny, but which could be misconstrued to mean something a little inappropriate, I say:
"That's what she said."
What movie/TV lines do YOU often quote in everyday conversation?