Mel tagged me for this meme. You are supposed to list 6 quirks about yourself and then tag others to play. If you wanna play, consider yourself tagged.
Here are my 6 quirks...
1) I can't sit still. I mean CAN'T, not won't, CAN'T. I've tried. It can't happen. I was a wiggly child and could never sit still. Then when I had my first baby 14 1/2 years ago, I broke my tailbone. Now I really can't sit still. I shift, move, change angles, and fidget. When I realize I am moving/shifting/changing about every 30 seconds, I start to get paranoid that others notice too. So, I do my best to sit very still. But then my legs start to hurt. My back begins to itch. I notice the tiny hairs that have fallen in my face, and I HAVE TO MOVE!
2) I love cereal, but not milk. I eat cereal with milk cuz that's how it works. I pour just enough milk to moisten the cereal. Then while eating the cereal, I drain the milk with my spoon before it reaches my mouth.
3) I have to turn things off when leaving the room. I hate when my kids leave a room and leave the lights on or the TV. I am constantly turning them off. Even at work. We turn on our conference room lights even when we have no one scheduled to use it. DRIVES ME NUTS!
4) I sing the Alto line to EVERYTHING - not just the songs in church. I sing the alto line to commercials, the radio, and even when there is no official alto line. It gets to a point that when I try to hum the melody I have a hard NOT singing the alto line.
5) I like patterned socks. I don't know why. I go shopping for trouser socks and I gravitate towards the striped/patterned ones.
6) I grunt in the morning. I am not a morning person. So, when my kids talk to me when I am tired and they hear the "grunt" they know they are only allowed to ask yes/no questions. This is so I can give the appropriate "grunt" in response. Uh-Huh= Yes. Uh-Uh= No. Mm-m-mmm(with varied voice inflections)=I don't know. You get the gist.
Ok - your turn. What are 6 quirky things about you?