In no particular order...here are 10 of my guilty pleasures...
1) I like to buy "PEEPS" candies and remove the cellophane wrapper and let them get a little stale/hard. I LOVE eating hard peeps...mmm.
2) Soaking in a HOT bath for an hour at least once per week.
3) Taking a *minimum* 2 hour nap on Sundays (the kids have seen me without my weekly nap... better to let me sleep undisturbed.)
4) Scrapbooking or working on another "fun" project instead of doing housework.
5) Recording (DVR) all of my fav TV shows, and then "wasting" a rainy/cold day watching ALL of them.
6) Making myself a peanut butter and chocolate frosting sandwich on soft bread while engaging in #5. Better yet if I just bring the entire loaf and both jars with me, so I can continue to eat without disturbing my viewing pleasure.
7) Massages! I used to get one EVERY FRIDAY, no lie. It was a guilty pleasure that I had to give up, sadly, when I became a single mom. Just can't justify the expense. (My weekly therapy sessions were about the same in cost, and I didn't have to tip my counselor, lol!)
8) Romance Novels. Now, I don't mean the smutty kind either. I like pretty much anything written by Nicholas Sparks. Though I have also started a few other authors. I just love a good love story with a happy ending.
9) Baking! All I need to hear from one of my kids is, "I wish we had brownies (or cookies, or cake, or pie...)" and I am searching through my recipes. I love any excuse to bake.
10) Rainy Days! Seems like an odd guilty pleasure, I know. But, if I do not have to work, I let "rainy days" be my excuse for anything/everything! On cold rainy days, I don't feel like getting out of bed. I just wanna snuggle the blanket a little closer, and stay in my flannel jammies. And when I get hungry, order a pizza! I have come to realize that Pizza is the PERFECT rainy/snowy/cold day food! oh - and by the way, this is great to do in conjuntion with #5, while saving #6 for dessert! hahaha!
What are some of your guilty pleasures?