I am 6 classes away from my Associates in both degrees. I found out last Spring that I would qualify for a a specific grant if I carried a minimum 9 credit hour class load. That meant I'd need to take 5 of the 6 classes this Fall. I looked into the classes and they are all right Smack-Dab in the middle of the working day. 9-2:30pm on Mondays and Wednesdays, 11-2:30pm Tuesdays & Thursdays, and 11-12:30pm on Fridays. Which would mean I wouldn't be able to keep my current job. (sad face)
I began looking into other possibilities... nothing was clear cut and nothing seemed to be working out. Then, one day in May as I was sitting in front of the computer, looking at the Fall line-up of classes to see if they added any of my needed courses at night, I had the distinct impression to go ahead and sign up for all 5 classes. I even questioned it, "Really?" The impression in my mind was, "Yes. Really."
Some may call that my subconscious leading me to choose what I really wanted, however I believe it was more. I believe it was divine inspiration. So, I took a deep breath and registered for all 5 classes. Then, I looked at the calendar and figured I had 90 days to find a new job.
I sent out resumes, applications, and spread the word like it was some piece of juicy gossip Gladys Kravitz couldn't wait to get her hands on. Still, no bites.
At a low point a few weeks ago I started thinking maybe I got it all wrong. Maybe I just need to take one class and keep my current job. I knew my employer would work with me if it was just one class. But then I started thinking, "but what about the next semester and the one after that and that?" I knew that I couldn't spend the next 4 or 5 years taking one class at a time. Also, if I didn't take the classes now, I wouldn't get the grant.
Then within the last week I've had a few options come my way. None of which are perfect, but some - if combined together, could at least work for the semester. I decided that perhaps I needed to take a bigger leap of faith; that perhaps my little hops, skips and jumps just weren't going to cut it anymore. I thought about one of my mother's mottos, which is "Pray as if everything depends upon the Lord; Act as if everything depends upon you." I am a firm believer that patience doesn't mean just sitting around and doing nothing. After all, I am a do-er.
So, I went and done did. I decided that I needed to put my two weeks' notice in at work and have faith that either something better will come along in the next two weeks, or I will just make those other option work for my benefit.
My boss cried. I cried. What can I say? We're both saps.
I don't have the money part Completely figure out just yet - but I am hoping it will come. In the meantime, I hope this semester just flies by!