Friday, November 11, 2011

If This Gets Out...

A few nights ago I was chatting online with a friend.  He indicated that I should probably go look outside on my front porch.  I was already in my PJs so I sent PrettyPrettyPrincess to check it out.

She comes back with a video game and asks, "Is this for [one of the boys]?"

I laughed and said, "Nope.  It's for me."  And then I really started to laugh because A) I wasn't expecting him to bring down the game right then so it was a surprise and  B) because the look on her face was priceless-- that deer-in-the-headlights-please-tell-me-this-can't-really-be-happening look.

"No, Mom," she said.  "Please do NOT tell me you will be playing this game.  You will get ADDICTED!"  All I can do is laugh.  "Mom, seriously," she warned.  "I can't believe you are going to play this.  You're too old to play games like this.  You're a MOM."  I laughed some more.  "Mom," she says in all seriousness, "if this gets out..."  I continued laughing.  "This is going to ruin my social life." (She's eleven.) I am laughing so hard by this point I'm practically crying.  I guess mostly I thought it was funny how she just kept carrying on about it; so against the idea.  The more she protested, the harder I laughed.  "Oh my gosh Mom," she started again.  "I can't believe you're actually going to play that."

Just then her cat walked past her, meowing.  She looked at the cat, exclaiming, "I know, Cat.  I know.  I am embarrassed for her just as much as you are."

Hahaha.  That girl is too funny for her own good, I swear.

P.S. Let's just keep this between us, ok?  I'd hate for it to get out....  hehehehehehehe.

3 comments:

The Willeyes said...

I love it!

Puphigirl said...

well I wanna know what game you are playing. Is this something I should be playing?

Cassie said...

That's awesome! HILARIOUS!!!!