Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day Twenty-Eight


Today I am grateful for the beauty of the Earth. Seriously.

I love that back home I can drive through the rolling hills of tree-lined streets and winding roads that hug enormous lakes glistening in the sun.  Out here in Utah I get to drive through and near the mountains.  I enjoy the scenery of the setting of the sun (and if I ever get up early enough perhaps the rising of it too).  I like the leaves which change color in the fall.  And while I am not a fan of snow, per se, I have to say that freshly fallen snow on an undisturbed field (some place where I don't have to drive) can be quite breathtaking.

Of course, in the spring, our earth is renewed with the flowers and vegetation that begin to sprout up.  I don't really have much of a green thumb, but each Spring, it's been fun to see what color my Irises would come in as.

When I sit and really think about the beauty of the earth, and realize that the alternative could be boring and bland, I truly feel grateful that God loves us so much He blesses us with variety in nature.  Pretty cool, huh?

No comments: