Thursday, November 10, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day Ten


Today I am sort of sick of school, so I decided I better find some gratitude for it.

When I started back two years ago, I wasn't sure how long it was going to take me.  And so far, it's taking a while, which is what I sort of expected.  Honestly, I was a wee bit scared of some of the classes I'd have to take, like Biology, Political Science or any other course that wasn't "easy" for me.  

Maybe it was luck, perhaps I ended up getting "easy" instructors, or it might even be possible I was creating my own vortex of synergy that just couldn't be stopped (y'know - the whole "object in perpetual motion" thing) -- but I was getting good grades.  And not only was I getting good grades, I was getting all A's.  That first semester of receiving all A's sort of "ruined" me, because after that, I wanted more A's the next semester and the semester after that and after that and-- I was getting them!  

Being in school was starting to make me feel really smart and I learned that I love learning.  There are times, like in between semesters, when I feel like my brain is starving and I just can't wait for the new semester to start.  Weird, I know.  

Looking back, it doesn't make sense how I even managed to get the A's.  Seriously, the centrifugal forces of my life (kids, work, church duties) kept me quite busy and yet somehow I was able to accomplish homework in about half the time it should have taken me.  I'd be foolish and ungrateful if I thought it was all me.  I know there were many nights I fell asleep in the books in which I should have struggled a bit more the next day on the exams.  I know that the Lord had a hand in making up the difference, and for that I am truly blessed.

Even though I get tired of the homework and tired of the rotating, chaotic schedules each new semester, I don't get tired of the achievement I feel each time I complete another class.

I am grateful for school.


2 comments:

Susie said...

Education is a great thing to be grateful for!

KiennaP said...

I agree, education is a great thing to be grateful for. Often I think, "ugh, I have math homework," or, "Darn, I to take a social studies test tomorrow." But I know that those things in school will eventually pay off, and that's the great thing about it. Often I wonder why I can't just get perfect grades in school, and why I have struggles in some areas. But I guess that's the point of school-to learn and improve.