Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Days of Gratitude: Day Nine


I am grateful for exercise.

When I was in college (the first go-round, hehe) I used to run on campus all the time.  I loved it.  Of course, I lived in Hawaii and there was something about the trade winds blowing against my skin, and the salty air breathing through my pores that made it a bit addicting.  Anyway, I loved the way I felt, and I was in fairly decent shape.

Fast forward through marriage, pregnancies, illnesses, medications, surgeries, divorce...  and anything else that might add a few pounds.  I've exercised on and off throughout the years.  Ran some, walked some, worked out some, lost some, gained some back, and so on and so forth.  Thankfully, I am back to a regular workout routine which I love.  

I love the way I feel empowered when I finish the grueling workout my trainer gives me.  I love how good I feel and how strong I feel (even though, I'm not really that strong yet) when I am done.

I am truly grateful for exercise.

No comments: