Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What Would You Do For A Klondike Bar?

Okay -- first of all, regarding your comments about the hat from yesterday's post. Yes. I will definitely take a pic of it the next time I am wearing it. In the meantime it is something sort of like this.
The thing about a "pageboy" or "newsboy" hat for MY head is that I have to find one that isn't too "tall" and yet not too floppy. The brim can't be too wide or hang over too far. It's finding that perfect one that is the key.

Now, onto the story of the Klondike. I was riding the Frontrunner down to Salt Lake Central Hub. As I entered the train so did two other men. Do you remember Lenny & Squiggy from Laverne & Shirley? (If you're too young to know what I'm talking about, just keep it to yourself! haha!) Anyway, that is who I immediately thought of when seeing these two dudes. Lenny and Squiggy. One was tall and the other short. They were both a little quirky and yet sort of thought they had the coolness factor going on. The Lenny type was a little more laid back, while Squiggy was a little louder and little more ostentatious. Had he cooled it in the doofus area just a smidge, he could've maybe pulled off a quirky and yet somehow cute and lovable Jack Black.

Anyway, we exit the train and I am dying of thirst so I head over to the snack shack to buy a drink before connecting to Trax. Squiggy makes his way over to the snack shack too. He is reading the little white board of specials, out loud, mind you. As the girl is getting my drink he says to me, "So, what would YOU do for a Klondike bar?" while he is tapping at the words "Klondike bar" on the board. I realize he is talking to me. I smile nicely and say, "I actually don't like Klondike bars. I'd much rather have an ice cream sandwich."

He replies, "true... and a dollar forty? Is any Klondike bar worth paying $1.40?" I say, "No." And then pointing to the "Choco Taco" listed on the board I smile and say, "But I might be willing to something for one of those." His eyebrows grow high across his forehead and he says, "Please. Continue."

At this point my drink comes back and I am shaking my head, laughing as I am paying. Squiggy is dying over my comment. "What?" he begs. "Would you sing? Dance? SkyDive.....?" I look at him, laughing and shake my head while tucking my wallet back into my backpack. Then, I sort of raise my drink as if to say, "Have a nice day" and begin to walk away. He is still shouting after me, "...climb a mountain? Kill a bear? Bunjee jump...?"

I laughed all the way to the Trax train. Too funny. I know, I know. I probably shouldn't have encouraged him with my Choco Taco statement. But seriously, have you had one of those?

Anyway, so that is the story of the hat and the Klondike bar. Hmmm.... now I wonder. Just what would I be willing to do for a Choco Taco? hehehehehe.

6 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i bet he was sure intrigued! probably dreamt about you that night!

okeydokeyifine said...

I would shoot a drunk

Tulsi said...

They don't look very good.

Puphigirl said...

chocolatey and crunchy

The Willeyes said...

You are hilarious :)

I really liked that cookie said...

Haha - precious!