Friday, November 19, 2010

Better than What?

It's called "Better than Sex" cake. Seriously. I didn't make that up. The recipe has been around for years, and that is what most people call it. In case you've never had it, here is the gist...

You bake a chocolate cake, and while it is still warm you poke several holes with a fork or spoon handle and pour a jar of caramel sauce over the top. After the cake has cooled you spread whipped cream/cool whip on it and the top with hershey's syrup and a crushed Heath bar. Chill until ready to serve.

Now, there are several variations to this. Some don't use the hershey's syrup, while others use a Skor bar instead of Heath.

Last night, my friend and neighbor Chelsi made me a Better than Sex cake, and let me tell you- it was better than...

...any other Better than Sex cake I've ever had! Seriously. I am not a diabetic and the stuff almost put me in a sugar coma!

Chelsi used a Butterfinger bar instead of going the toffee bar route. It was delish! But there was something else different. My guess is that it had to do with her caramel sauce. Perhaps it was a premium brand or maybe it wasn't even caramel sauce. Butterscotch perhaps? I don't know, but I will have to ask. Because like I said... it was sooooo good!

Definitely the best I've ever had!

4 comments:

Ruthykins said...

i had a roommate who used snickers bars in hers. so yummy

The Willeyes said...

Told you it was heavenly...but I think it was Heath bar :) Either way, it was to die for...and very rich!

Puphigirl said...

Some people use sweetened condensed milk instead of a carmel sauce.

Rhonda said...

YUM! I've never made one but we've received one from neighbors after a baby was born or somethin' like that..SO good! I didn't know what the name of it was though. ha ha glad that I do now! ;)