Wednesday, August 18, 2010

So... Umm...Yeah...

So, school starts next week. And tonight I had this thought:


"Did I miss Spectrum back to school night?" That is the program my daughter is in. If she were home I'd ask her. Its' true... my 10 year old remembers things like that. Which is why she is in a program like that :)


My second thought was..."Wait. When is Jr. High Registration?" That would be for my middle child. A fellow mom from the 'hood informed me it was last week. "Oh yeah?" I wondered... "Pictures too?" "Yup," she said. Luckily, the back to school night is tonight. My plan is to call the school today and find out what I need to do to make sure Little Duckling gets a locker and a schedule, etc.


The only reason my high schooler went to his registration and picture day is because the school emailed me. Now, THAT'S Smart!!! I mean, ALL three schools have my email address. That is how they chose to send out the newsletters last year. Y'know -- the whole goin' green thing.


So, why didn't they just send out the reminders via email too? Seriously -- I mean I get soooo much mail, that I usually end up throwing it in a pile and eventually going through it. Bills are on autopay, so I don't have to worry about those... and most of the other stuff is junk.


And surely they don't expect ME to go online as school gets closer to look at these important dates, do they? I mean -- surely I can't be the only slacker mom out there, right? The weird thing is, the jr high emailed me the registration forms at the end of the school year last year and I turned them all in at the orientation back then. So - again - why not just email me the info for the official registration date?


Then again... check out my email inbox...


13,340 messages in my INBOX~!

So...um... yeah... I may just be a little behind on stuff :)

10 comments:

Holli and Billy said...

13,000 new messages?!!! Holy crap!! I am excited when I have A new message in my inbox!!

The Willeyes said...

Holy Crap...I thought it was bad when I had 1253. Dang Gina...you are popular :)

Ruthykins said...

i have an email address that i use for facebook and nothing else. my regular email address is the one i give out. i maybe get 10 messages a day on that. maybe you should think about having separate accounts, or opt out of the notification emails from facebook.

dorneys said...

well that makes me a slacker mom too. Way too much to remember. I only have 2 kids and I don't go to school. Not sure how you get it all done even half way :)

EmmaP said...

@ Ruth... I *do* have separate accounts. 1 for my friends... and one for everything else :)

Susie said...

That is a lot of messages!

Megan said...

Holy crap! And I thought *I* had a lot of emails! LOL {although, if you add up ALL my different email addresses I'm probably right up there with you. haha!}

Well, hopefully all the school stuff works out even though you might be a little bit behind. ;0)

Rhonda said...

haha..my inbox has a lot but not quite THAT much. But i have 42 answering machine messages and it's full so it won't record anymore. ha ha I really do need to listen to them but I just don't wanna!

You know, I HATE all the dates for the million back to school things. Really, I filled out all the info at the end of last year and then they mail me new ones (slightly different though) and want them mailed back. I totally missed the date so I had to walk in with my tail between my legs and ask if they would still take them w/o putting me in the corner or something.

But WHEW! All is done and the kids are started up full-force! :)

greenolive said...

Holy cow, I've never seen so many new messages. Ha ha ha

TravAndToni said...

I'm with you on the crazy schedule/date missing this year. I started working, and I'm realizing just how much this little family has needed a stay-at-home mommy!

I set up a filter on my email that puts all incoming facebook messages in their own folder. It makes it much easier for me to see "real" mail that way. ;)