Thursday, July 15, 2010

Family Vacation: Shakespeare & Maggie Moo's

Day Three of our vacation was even more relaxing than Day Two, if that is even possible. I sent the kids to breakfast before it closed at 10, and then we sort of lounged around before going to lunch at The Pizza Factory, which by the way always "gets" me with their divine BreadTwists and fabulous Salad Bar. We have one in Salt Lake and are even more excited they are building one in our town!

Anyway, after lunch we went to see Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing". We had third row seats on the side, which was really nice. The kids enjoyed being that close to the stage and the actors did such a fabulous job bringing out the characters that in spite of the "language" they really understood what was going on, especially the boys. I had to explain a few things to my daughter, but even she enjoyed it. It was lively and super funny. My middle one, who is the quiet solemn one even said to me yesterday, "Thanks mom. Both of the shows were good." The fact that he even SPOKE about them means he enjoyed them.

After the show we walked a little around the campus and took a peek in the "Shakespearian Theatre". (our shows were in other theaters) There was a rehearsal going on, so we couldn't take pictures, but it was cool to see the outdoor theater and the architectural design. We took a few pics of the campus, and I may have just sold my son on the idea of coming here for college in a few years.

Of course we came back to the hotel and relaxed and swam and ate dinner and then watched movies until we fell asleep. It was a good day! Here are a few pics!

4 comments:

Holli and Billy said...

I LOVE Maggie Moos!! My all time favorite flavor is Cinna-moo if you care...

Alice in Wonderland said...

Oh, you should see the original Globe Theatre here in England. It was recently re-furbished as it was during Shakespeare's time.
All the actors were originally males. Women actresses were frowned upon, so quite often young boys or youths would play the parts of women.
You would have loved that.
Come to Merrie Olde England!

Tulsi said...

The Pizza Factory is THEE place for locals. Whenever I go to lunch with a certain group of ladies, that's always where we go. Sometimes the kids just want to go for bread sticks. My fav is the Killer Whale sandwich. Maggie Moo's is directly in front of Steve's office!! The little ally thing between the car detailing thing and Maggie Moo's is the way in the Trooper's go. Glad you are having so much fun here. It's tempting me into actually attending a play here one day. The Greenshow is free but I'm not sure if that has started that. I went when I was in Young Women and we took the girls.

Rhonda said...

...and you even blogged it all. You are so on top of it all emma!