Today I would like to Feature my good bloggy friend, Randi visiting today from S Cub 4 . I "met" Randi somewhere on the blogosphere probably about a year or so ago. I love reading Randi's blog for a few reasons, including but not limited to,
- she is honest. If she feels like crap, she tells ya. If she feels inspired to blog about her testimony, she will. If she's frustrated at potty-training, she lets it all out (pun intended). In many ways, she reminds me of me when I was a new mama of little tykes... trying to figure things out. I love how she asks "experienced" moms for advice or opinions. I love how she loves her man and her babies, and I love how she shares it.
Here is my "interview" with Randi:
1) do you remember the first blog you ever read? A friend's blog on xanga.com
2) What inspired the name for your blog? The English pop band S Club 7 who had a few hits on the Top 40 Charts & a short-lived tv series on ABC Family. I loved them in high school.
3) when did you start blogging? In 2004 or 2005 on xanga.com
4) why did you start blogging? I began as another way to journal the ups and downs of life.
5) are your reasons for blogging still the same now as when you started? No. I blog to gain perspective, to gain friendships, to gain advice, and sometimes to win some cool stuff!
6) one thing that makes you or your blog unique? I think that my openness, willingness to share my faith, and the reality of my life. I don't try to showboat or be fake. I want my bloggy friends to see the same person that my flesh-and-blood friends see.
7) something you want us to know about you? I am not Super Mom (but I very much want to be her).
8) something you don't want us to know about you but will tell us anyway? I am very envious of those who weight drops off of and for those who have children but don't look like it.
Now, some Fill-In-The-Blanks...
9) I feel best about my blog when.... I feel that my posts are purposeful and organized.
10) I feel empowered... when my house is clean, my children are napping, and I have at least an hour to myself.
11) Movies I quote most from... (Can you give some examples?) I don't know that I do quote from movies. However, if I do, it's probably from "A League of Their Own." When Moose cries for various reasons that shouldn't be cried over, I tell him, "crying? there's no crying during story time/bath time/meal time."
Finally, choose one of the following experiences to share... Randi chose "C"
c) Who was your first crush? Was he/she real or fictional? How did you two "meet"? What did you love about him/her? Tell us more...
Oh dear. My first love. Blond hair, blue eyes, a killer smile. Sounds like my husband, right? Well, not quite. His name was Logan. He was 2 years older than me - 7 (or under depending on when I had my crush). He was in my sister's class from preschool through twelfth grade. I thought he was a cutie (then later, a hottie). I even got a chance to kiss him - once. Our moms were friends and we were visiting out at their house. We were playing outside. I think everyone knew about my crush on him. His older brother pinned him down for me to kiss. I got really close...and chickened out. Poor dear, I was frightened by cooties. I continued to like Logan off and on throughout my entire schooling (minus college). I ultimately knew it was unrequited and a very undeserved love on both ends. He was too popular for me and I was too nice for him. But the two men I've fallen for hardest in my life (my husband & my on-again, off-again boyfriend from high school) have both had blond hair and blue eyes. I still like the name Logan even. But Big A refuses to let me name a child that, even a girl!
So that's Randi for ya! Leave some bloggy-comment love for her here and then if you have a sec, I'm sure she'd be thrilled to have you visit her over at S Club 4