Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sweet Little Lies...

I am an extremely honest individual. I don't lie. I just don't. Not to say that I have NEVER lied. I mean, mostly when I was a kid, I'd look for loopholes, so it wouldn't require me to lie. Example, my mom would ask, "Emma, did you do your homework?" I would answer, "My English and Math are all done!" Now, I didn't happen to mention that I still have Biology or Geography... So, I have done the loophole thing or the "answer a question to avoid a question", just for the sake of NOT completely lying.

So, a few weeks ago when I was filling out forms for my Concealed Firearms Permit I sort of fudged on one "fill-in-the-blank". Not that I would ever LIE about my past history, criminal activity (lack of it) or anything of great importance like that.

But I LIED about my weight. I wasn't going to put down my actual weight. Besides, I figured I needed it to match my Driver's License, right? And my DL info was filled out quite a while back, and I probably fudged that figure a little too. Plus, anytime anyone ever looks at it I wouldn't want them to see how much I weigh. Yikes!

And generally speaking, whenever I do gain/lose weight, there isn't that much difference in my face anyway, and it is after all just a "mug shot". My face doesn't change all that much. Nope. My FAT is always located in the "central region"; y'know, between the boobage and knees.

Afterwards, I thought about it, and wondered, "is there anything else I lie about?" I pondered that the entire way home. Nope. I couldn't think of one other thing. I just cannot tell a lie...unless it's about my weight!



What about you? Do you think "little white lies" are ok? Have you ever "fudged" your weight a little? It's okay, I won't tell on you, if you promise not to tell on me.

16 comments:

Springbubble said...

when filling up forms, i also lie about my weight adding just two or three pounds to my weight a couple of years ago. maybe because i know lying about my weight in documents does not matter to anyone esp. that they only ask for 'mug shots'. and when at a party i don't know why i lie when they ask me if i'm hungry. i always tell them i'm not when in fact i'm starving, i could eat a cow.. and telling people i'm okay when i'm not, and saying yes when the truth is i wanted to say no. no major lies though..

Ashley said...

Hehe!! I completely forgot that weight was even on my dl. I got it out for a good laugh. Bwahaha!!!

Cassie said...

Hmmm... running laps in gym would have to be my lie. I mean, we always do 'practice' or warm-up laps, anyway, right? Those should count... RIGHT?!

Megan said...

oh yes. i totally drop 10-15 pounds when I write down my weight. For sure.

Debbi said...

I don't like to lie, either, Em. Which is why we match so well.

I'll tell white lies, but not even then. Not about my weight, either, since I just don't care anymore. About what I bought at the store? YES!

Dianne said...

The problem with my weight is the fudge

Holli and Billy said...

Totally acceptable to fib about your weight! Maybe age too :)

purplehaze said...

Yeah I have to say I hate putting my "actual" weight down. I don't like to lie either and when you have kids and you always tell them not to lie well there you go!

Rhonda said...

uh YAH! Of course we lie about our weight. Even when I was SKINNY I lied about my weight!

But it isn't an actual lie---we we do weigh that much (plus 30 lbs) so I'm ok with it.

BlueCastle said...

Ack. I can't think about this. If I do, I'll start feeling guilty because I fudged my weight on my DL too. I mean - really fudged it. Ugh. I'm starting to feel guilty.......

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Okay here is the truth. I was married before and my daugther asked me if I had? Now, I want to tell her when the time is right. It was not the right time in the locker room of a pool center. So I told her that we would talk about it later. So I guess that I neither lied nor did I tell the truth, I just diverted the question. But I like you have felt badly about it ever since. I really do want the right moment to teach her from my past. Other things like weight are ment to be lied on. Even men do not tell the truth on that one, I mean really ask a few what they are and then check their DL. It will not be reflective. There is the truth on some things and then our perception and they will never be the same.♥

Puphigirl said...

My DL is ten pounds less than what I currently weigh. I purposely put that because I'm trying to lose weight and figured that I would weigh that amount soon enough.

Paige said...

I TOTALLY just did the same thing. On a FOID card app, no less

Susie said...

I think that little white lies are ok if it spares someone's feelings.

Megan said...

I think I lied about my weight when I got my license renewed, but maybe not because it was after I had lost weight...hmmm...maybe I hadn't quite gotten down to the weight that was already on my license so I left it? I don't remember! Hahahaha!!! I'm such a dork!

Yes, I've told little white lies, but I don't like to lie so I try to avoid the question or something. The truth always comes out anyway. ;0P

Charlotte said...

Honestly, I think it's pretty useless to put your weight on an ID. The majority of people won't weigh the same whether they lied or it's just been a few years since they had to update their ID. I haven't lied about it yet but that may change. I did a closing a while ago for a girl who's ID said she weighed 115 and she was easily 75+ lbs over that.