Monday, March 16, 2009

My Mom Rocks

My sister blogged a while back that my mom helped her rearrange her kids' bedrooms. I commented to send her my way. Guess what? She came!

To-D0 List:

Downstairs Christmas Tree Put Away - Check
Main Christmas Tree Put Away - Check
Get caught up on Laundry - Check (at least to a manageable point)
Clean Bathrooms - Check
Clean All Bedrooms - Check
Clean and Organize Family Room - Check
Shampoo Downstairs Carpets - Check
Give each boy own bedroom - Check
Make Thrift-Store Donation Piles - Check (so far we have 4 big boxes full)
Install "baby gate" to keep Dog from downstairs - Check
Clean Stove - Check

And mostly SHE did all of the work. I was hacking up a lung the entire weekend. I was sore and tired and even managed to squeeze in a Dr. appointment while she was here. I had been feeling so overworked, overwhelmed, incapable, and on the edge of a breakdown. Having her here was a huge relief. I still cried all week after she left. But I suppose sleep deprivation does that...

The best part though? No. It wasn't the cleaning. It was being able to share with her much of what I have been feeling lately and have her listen and not judge and just offer up her love and support. As much as I don't want to be dependant on anyone, I am not good "alone"... I miss my mom. It's hard for me to not be near her.

Anyway - Does my mom rock or what???

Thanks Mom! I love you! I only hope to be able to somehow repay you someday. I never seem to get ahead. Of course you did give me life... so I guess I will always be indebted... :)

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

I'm so glad that you got your mom for a while! What a great support she must be, emotionally AND physically.

Oh and you CAN totally pay her back. Tell her when she's old and frail you'll NEVER put her in a dark basement to live with no windows...you'll TOTALLY give her a room in the main part of the house...WITH a window.

Ok that probably wasn't funny to anyone but me. It's been a running joke with my folks. ;)

Anonymous said...

Your mom totally rocks! Will she be my mom???

deb@virginia blue said...

I'm so happy for you that your wonderful mom was able to be there for you when you really needed it!...a little jealous, too, as my mom just isn't that kind of mom!

Consider yourself lucky, and know that she's been repaid a thousand times over by having such a wonderful daughter =)

Julie H said...

Moms are just awesome sometimes!

okeydokeyifine said...

Heh, I was there that weekend and did not see that great lady that you wrote about....

I was glad to be there. I know I kept you running and did not give you chance to rest. Sorry about that. I guess I am task oriented and like to keep going until the task at hand is done.

And remember you have to live in your house. It is not a show place. With that being said I like my house when it is clean but it is not clean 24/7. I live in my house.

Glad you don't mind me hanging around. Looking forward to the future to my rocking chair and the bon-bons.

purplehaze said...

Your Mom does totally rock! She is a wonderful person and I am blessed to have met her and can call her friend!

The Willeyes said...

Moms are the BEST!!! Yours rocks. What an awesome mom. Sometimes the only person who CAN make you feel better is your mom. I'm glad yours is close "enough" you can see her "often" It's never enough...but it something right? And it feels so good to get SO much done!

Ruthykins said...

my mom's is so cool, she picks me up and takes me to her house to do a week's worth of laundry and then she takes me back home again, every monday. well, sometimes my husband picks me up, but still.

Holli and Billy said...

Your mom sounds awesome! I still go cry on my mom's shoulder a lot. She always knows how to make me feel better :)

kanaboke said...

Aaaaaaaw, Your Mom truly does Rock!! Specially because she just sat and listened......no judging...just listened....

Vickie said...

What a great mom!! Is that her commenting too? How cool is that?


Hope you are feeling better.

Susie said...

Your mom does rock! You are very blessed to have her to take care of you when you need it. Some of us have already flipped roles and are taking care of our mothers. Just remember this day when she gets older and needs your help:-)

Megan said...

Moms are the best!

And I'm so sorry I woke you up on Saturday. You deserve all the sleep you can get!

Puphigirl said...

It seems I haven't utilized Mom that much. I usually have a to-do list for Dad when they visit.