Why is it that some people are just determined to be MISERABLE? And why is it that they choose to be rude and try to make other people feel miserable too? The only thing I can figure is that they do not have a life, and for some reason creating drama gives them one. Additionally, being rude and ornery and even mean sometimes towards others somehow makes them feel superior... making them forget their pathetic life for a bit.
But I ask these people - Are you happy? Does acting like that really make you feel better? My guess would be it doesn't. Cuz, if it did, you'd be walking around smiling, instead of giving everyone - including me - crusty looks.
That's right. I said it. I see you give me the crusty-face-stink-eye ALL.THE.TIME. Don't think I don't see it. But here's what you need to know (You, meaning All of you Crusty-Givers collectively...not just one person):
1) Every time you do that, I am laughing on the inside. Seriously. Cuz when you act like that, I am just like - Geesh - Get over yourself! What grade are you in? I just laugh at how ridiculous your crusty glares actually end up looking. Too bad you can't see yourself in a mirror when you do that. Plus, dontcha worry that you're gonna get permanent "brow-furrowing" wrinkles?
2) As much as you're trying, you're not hurting me. Seriously. I am an over-all happy person. My life is not perfect, but mostly I am happy. I am sorry that for whatever reason your self-esteem is so bad that you feel the need to walk around handing out crusties like they were awards or something. See - here's the thing. I know that I am loved. I know that I have a wonderful family. I know that I have awesome friends - - who not only WILL do anything for me, but actually HAVE done stuff for me.
Friends have shoveled my walks/driveway when I wasn't home. Friends have offered to take my kids to school or pick them up when I had early or late work obligations. Friends have taken ALL of my kids for the night/weekend so I could sleep or get away for some much needed R&R - and at the last minute usually too. Friends have brought me little pictures or thoughts or sayings. Friends have let me "borrow" and egg, or salt, or the traditional cup of sugar when I am up at midnight baking cuz I can't sleep and then realize I am out of something. Friends have TOLD me that they love me. So, I am not worried about the effect of YOUR crusties. I know I am loved. I am grounded enough in my faith to know that my Heavenly Father loves me too. I am sorry, however, that your life sucks...well, I assume it does, cuz I can't figure why else you would want to walk around looking that like.
3) I don't know what on earth you think I have done to deserve your crusty awards. Too bad you couldn't have just told me in the beginning. It might have saved you about a year's worth of potentially wrinkle-causing crusties.
4) I have tried to talk to you. However, anytime I approach you it's like you scurry away, acting like you didn't see me. So, ya, I gave up months ago.
5) Though your crusties haven't hurt me, and instead make me laugh, they HAVE hurt others. I guess that is why I chose to vent via the blog. I am tired of hearing the same ol' same ol' from others about the crusty awards you hand out. I try to tell them not to let it bother them. Hopefully, eventually, they won't. Just wondered why you gotta be so mean sometimes.
6) Oh - and before I forget... just because a person states "I hate cliques" doesn't mean that they themselves aren't in one. It's kind of like that person who says, "I hate racism, but..." or "I hate gossipping, but..." Ya - it's all the same in my book.
7) Despite what rumors you may have heard or started about me - I am willing to bet that less than half of those are true, if that. I guess it's true what my counselor told me 2 years ago. "Once you get divorced, you will find out who your real friends are. You will find that women especially will go out of their way to be rude or mean you. There are three reasons they do this. 1) they are jealous. They wish they had even the slightest amount of courage to do what you did. 2) They are fearful. They are so insecure in their own relationship that they fear you will go after their husbands. and... 3) They are judgmental. Divorce is like the plague to some women. They look down on others who have opted for divorce, regardless of the reasons.
So here's what I have to say to all of the Crusty-givers out there: Get over yourself, and get a life. Seriously.
Why do I blog about this?
a) Because it makes for great bloggy fodder
b) I'm a bloggy-comment-whore, and this is sure to ensue commentary
c) Because I can.