Friday, February 20, 2009

He's Just Not that Into You


Ok, even though many of you think I am a HUGE blabbermouth, and tell EVERYTHING on my blog, it isn't so. Well, not completely. Here is what I will tell you since many of you have asked about the whole "Big-D" situation. There really isn't a "situation". We just simply broke up. Here are some of your questions...and my responses.

What? You broke up?? When??? Yes. We broke up. Sort-a, kind-a around Christmas, and then for sure just after New Years.

Was there an argument? No.

Was he being a jerk? No. Never.

Was there no more attraction? That wasn't the issue.

He doesn't know what he's missing. Probably. He has a lot more quiet evenings I'm sure, lol. :)
Do you want me to go bust his knee-caps? - I know a guy... No. It's fine, really. We are still friends. We talk. We have no ill-feelings towards each other.

Was it the whole "It's not you, it's me" routine? I dunno. Maybe. Possibly. Who's counting?

Was there heart-ache? What do you think?

That being said, I'm sure you've heard of that new movie that is in Theaters now. "He's Just Not That Into You." (click here for official site)

When I first heard the title to this movie, I thought, I can't go see it. It's too much in-your-face, face-the-truth, make-me-cry type of stuff. But, then I saw the all-star cast (full of eye-candy) and was like... well, maybe I could squeeze a viewing in.

I read the synopsis and fell in love with the movie even before watching it. "He's Just Not That Into You tells the stories of a group interconnected, Baltimore-based twenty- and thirtysomethings as they navigate their various relationships from the shallow end of the dating pool through the deep, murky waters of married life, trying to read the signs of the opposite sex...and hoping to be the exceptions to the "no exceptions" rule."

I definitely have to see it now. I am sure I will laugh, and I am definite there will be crying. I hope any "couples" in the audience are steadfast in their relationships...
...hate to see a theater full of guys squirming while their dates are eyeing them down, wondering... Are you just not that into me?

14 comments:

The Willeyes said...

I'll go with you:) Sounds fun!

The Willeyes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kanaboke said...

so I only had a clue that there might have been some sort of break-up when pics of the two of you stopped showin' up....I wondered, but I didn't wanna ask...and Lo & Behold, other people asked anyway so thanks for answering all the questions I've been having this past month. Let me know what you think of the movie 'cause I wanna see it sometime too!

Vickie said...

I am sorry about you and BigD. I was wondering when a little bit ago you posted about being single. Like kanaboke, I didn't want to ask. Thank you for sharing something personal.

I am also looking forward to seeing this movie. I will probably watch it when it is OnDemand.

Rhonda said...

Sorry Emma. :(

I think you're awesome and hope you soon find your awesome equal.

hugs,
Rhonda

Betty said...

My daughter was talking about this movie. It´s not showing in our country yet, but I will definitely have to see it, so I know what she was referring to....(yeah there was a guy she was interested in and he didn´t call!)

Green said...

I'd love to see it with you ...it would be somewhat of an expensive date, but :)

I was going to ask about "Big-D" when you mentioned the split.
I'll admit that I was embarassed and thought I missed something. Honestly, I didn't want to sound like I wasn't stalking you!

Kim said...

Sorry about your break up! I saw the movie and in my opinion it was really slow and not that great. But you need to see it for yourself. I laughed when you talked about guys going and being stedfast in their relationship. I had to wake my husband up 3 times. He was snoring and it was so embarrassing!

greenolive said...

I watched the movie and I enjoyed it. I especially liked the part where... just kidding, I ain't no movie spoiler. So I watched a taping of Oprah last night where they were talking about single women with children who are in the dating field and how there are good guys out there and to not give up. There number one suggestion is to not focus on what you're not looking for but to keep trying till you find the right one. I guess that makes sense.

Julie H said...

I just read the book. My husband just noticed on my dresser and kind of made a little comment with a smirk. Yeah watch yourself buddy! I think my oldest daughter and I are going to go see the movie.

Jenners said...

Sorry to hear about your breakup -- even the most amicable ones are difficult. A lot of adjustment. : )

Anonymous said...

That was the same way I felt about Juno-I just couldn't watch it-it would be too in my face w/ my situation....well, yeah, it's like my favorite movie now! ;)

Susie said...

The movie sounds good and the cast sounds great! Maybe it will be therapeutic:-)

Ruthykins said...

i think i'm just not into that movie. is that weird? should i want to see it?