Today is Monday, January 26, 2009.
I have just finished reading Megan's funny "not me Monday" (see shout-out) and all of a sudden a realization hit me.
My Christmas Tree is *STILL* up!!!
No, I am not talking about the one that is *downstairs* in the family room. (Y'know the one that I had already "accidentally" left up all year LAST year, and then just dusted off the cobwebs and called it good for last month - which by the way is still up too.) No. I am talking about the tree in my *front room*. The BIG tree. THE tree. In fact, I think the bulbs may still be on. Yikes.
Ok - in my defense, I will say this:
1) I don't enter the house through my front door, ergo I never see the tree.
2) I rarely use the front room, except to answer the front door or play the piano or entertain visitors.
3) I have been too busy these days to be home when someone comes to the door, practice the piano, or even have visitors.
4) I have been under a lot of stress lately.
5) ... I'm sure there is a #5 reason...
Anyway. There you have it. My Christmas Tree Confession. I think it is the thought of taking it all down and putting it all away that overwhelms me. I have really felt overwhelmed lately. What is my problem?
I know one thing is for sure... I *will not* leave this tree up for a full year. I have just made myself that promise, in writing, 100 times on the blackboard.
By the way - anyone want a fully decorated tree? It's 7 ft. tall, decorated with chocolate brown and red trimmings and all you have to do is come and haul it away!