So, the "girls" were in desperate need of some new support. The old arrangement wasn't working out anymore. Tired and worn out!!! Thus I decided that we needed to go shopping! Yes the "girls" & I went Bra-shopping!!! Oh boy what fun!!! WRONG!!!
I have had a bra fitting before, and let me just give a little shout-out to that fitting room gal and the "close" friendship that formed during that experience! Sorry, I digress.
I HATE that I usually have to pay $60 for a really good bra! However, there's something said for great support, right? Here is the criteria the "girls" require when bra-shopping...
1) individual cups...none of this sports bra type stuff that creates the Uni-Boob (girls...you know what I am talking about).
2) Thick & Comfy straps, so they don't dig into my shoulders.
3) A Little extra thickness, to disguise those "frigid" moments...
4) White. I'm just a simple gal. Maybe once in a while I'll do another color - but no prints.
5) No Lace. It shows through my shirts, and ends up looking like lots of bumps underneath. Who needs that?
6) Lifts & Separates! Gotta do these girls proud, after all, right?
7) 3 hook-minimum to offer the best support.
8) Underwire a must! Helps define "shape" where there once was shape on it's own (pre childbirth). Plus, who doesn't love getting "wanded" at the airport security checkpoint???
9) Additional Back Support. Now, I don't know if this really works. But I LOVE the bras that claim to offer it.
10) Under $60!!! [screeeeech!] What did she say???
It's true... it is my goal to secure supportive shelter for the "girls" for less than $60. I know... It's pretty difficult to do once you reach the Double Dang sizes. But, I make every attempt to do so, before caving in to the price of death! I mean, I won't forsake the "criteria" for cost, don't get me wrong. I just wanna good deal.
With that in mind, I started my quest off the other day at you-guessed-it, Wal-Mart. PrettyPrettyPrincess was with me and was PrettyPrettyEmbarrassed that we were even in the lingerie dept. "That one looks big enough," she points out. "Nope," I responded. "Too Small." "How 'bout that one? It looks HUGE," she offered. To no avail.
Next on my list was Kohl's (which by the way is like my FAV dept store!!!). I arrive at the location, "girls" in tow, optimistic that "my store" will come through for me. Young-Guy Worker was doing inventory. He nervously watches me. His cheeks begin to redden. I feel bad for him. I search out every bra on every rack, leaving his "section" for last. Finally, I must approach. "Must be every guy's dream job!" I say, looking at him smiling. "Uh...uh..." he stammers. "I guess. I mean, maybe. Um. I mean, for some guys." I laugh. "I'll just get out of your way," he murmurs before taking off at the speed of light. I think I almost made him cry.
Needless to say, I found the bra. Drats - only one left! But - hey - whatcha gonna do? I take the one they have and promise the "girls" another trip soon. And it was only $43 on sale!!! Whoo-Hoo!!!!!
I was sooo happy, it made my bosom swell (ok - bad joke!)...