Friday, October 5, 2012

30 Days of Service: Day 26

What Have I Done for Someone Today?

Well, I ended up in the ER last night...  a migraine hit me fast and hard, and was what is considered atypical.  I've had them before -- enough times to know if I don't head straight to the Dr.'s office for a Toradol shot, I'll start getting stroke-like symptoms and eventually feel like passing out.

I went to the ER, since both my Dr's office and instacare was closed and they gave me the Toradol, and a sedative (Dilaudid) to help me sleep.  This morning, I felt "yucky" as I went to work.  I just didn't feel right.  I ended up going to the instacare by lunch and turns out, I had an adverse reaction to the Dilaudid.  (That's now on my no-no list, right up there with Penicillin.)

Because I ended up sleeping most of the day, I didn't really have ample opportunity to serve.  In fact my neighbor brought ME dinner!  But...  I DID let my oldest borrow my car.  So, that counts, right?

Challenge:  What about you?  Big or Small, what have you done for someone today?

No comments: