Sunday, September 16, 2012

30 Days of Service: Day 7

What Have I Done for Someone Today?

Today I drove my kids down to my sister's for my nephew's birthday dinner.  It was last minute and I was exhausted, and I had already driven down to Utah County the day before for the choir retreat and I still had homework, and honestly, if we didn't go, I knew my sister wouldn't be offended.  However, my kids really wanted to go and they hadn't seen their cousins in a while -- and while I did have a smidge of "me" motives (you should try my BILs ribs!)- I mostly went to spend the time with family.  So, even though it wasn't a "deed" for someone in particular, it was a sacrifice.


1 comment:

Steph Glazier-Collao said...

Hey, I have spent the last four days potty training my child and I consider that service! Especially since she feels so happy that I'm spending so much time with her and helping her achieve something. It's been a sacrifice for me in some ways, but a blessing for all of us (yay for no more diapers!).