Tuesday, September 25, 2012

30 Days of Service: Day 16

What Have I Done for Someone Today?

Today I spent time with a good friend laughing and chatting and telling stories.  I know this may sound like pure fun (or an excuse not to study for a test tomorrow), but I believe that when we make time for those we care about, we are serving them.  Yes, I needed the evening to relax and laugh just as much as she did, but still...  it was service!  Besides, I helped her flush a lodged ball of wax from her little girl's ear!  (ewwwww, I know!)  If that's not service, I don't know what is!  Let's just say it was fortunate I didn't throw up!  :)

Challenge:  What about you?  Big or small, what have you done for someone today?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing today and it was really fun. A win-win for us both, but I know that this particular friend of mine was so thankful we took time out of our day to be with her - and I'm sure your friend felt the same way. Love your challenge! I'm doing my own, but will write about my experience when the 30 days are through :)

mrbusdr said...

When I was having dinner this evening, there was a soldier sitting a few tables away from me. I asked if I could pay for her meal. She probably thanked me 5 times. I just wanted to do something nice for her.

greenolive said...

I built Taygan a play fort.

Rhonda said...

7 hours of party hosting, food making and replenishing, drink refilling, and three days of ordering, picking up and even more days PLANNING said bday party. I am sore like an old woman today. But she had a great party!