Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mama Said...

The thing about ADHD is that you have a hard time focusing in if you feel overstimulated. However, once you find that one thing that grabs your attention, you basically become fixated in on it and can do it for hours and hours on end.

Well, that's what happened to me today. The challenge going around FB was to replace your profile pic with a pic of your mom and to leave it up until Mother's Day. So, as I started looking through pictures I decided to start scanning several in. Turns out my dad had also scanned a few in. So, that just fueled my fire and I spent a shameful amount of time scanning and tagging pictures that I never got around to my Blog Post for the day! Oh well, I don't consider it a complete waste. I do think it's a form of record-keeping and the preservation of family history. So, It's all good.

Anyway -- the Mother's Day Installment for today is centered around things My mother (And Yours) used to say. I posed the question on FB and got several replies. Here are things my Mother (and yours) used to say.

Mama said...

You can do hard things.
Things will work out.
Drink your milk; it will put hair on your chest.
If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times...
How many times do I have to tell you?
Remember, the Holy Ghost goes to bed at midnight.
Nothing good happens after midnight.
I brought you into this world, I can take you out.
Remember who you are and what you stand for.
Because I said so!
Don't tell your father. (Especially after buying new shoes.)
Just wait until your father comes home!
Make sure you wear clean underwear! You never know when you're going to get into an accident.
What would your Aunt Bernice think if she knew what you just did?
Cleanliness is next to Godliness.
Do it right or do it twice.
You'll need to look it up yourself or you'll never learn how to spell it.
Always act like a lady! (So, if I seem like a lady to you all, you'll know I'm just acting!)
I declare! If your hind end was not attached you would lose it.
Keep your pants zipped up!
You can't fix stupid.
If you just get your jobs done early, you won't have to think about them the rest of the day.
I'm gonna skin you alive.
Where do you think you're going?
It won't hurt when it quits hurting.
Marry a man who treats his mother like a queen.
The only good fight in a marriage is the fight to keep it together.
Think of something he does that annoys you and then ask yourself if you can live with that everyday. If not, then don't marry him. He's not the man for you!
What would Jesus do?
You are a child of God.
Remember, you are a daughter of God, who loves you.
I love you Baby Girl.
I love you.

And of course, Mama said there'd be days like this...



No comments: