Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Dad is a Red Crayon

Do you ever see people in "colors"? And by that, I don't mean racially speaking, nor do I mean color code personalities. Just... color. For example, when you think of a certain person, do they remind you of a color? Or maybe it's the other way around... perhaps a color reminds you of them. I think I see some people as a certain color because that is their favorite color. Or perhaps it has to do with certain things they like. On the other hand... maybe I am just really, really, really, tired and talkin' outta ma butt ;)
(wouldn't THAT be a talent! lol)


Anyway... this week, I thought I'd introduce you to my family... via the color wheel :)



My dad is fascinated by lighthouses, covered bridges, and steam engines. He drives a red car, grew up on a farm, sucks on hard candy during road trips. makes the best cheesecake ever and is from Indiana, where the state bird is a Cardinal, and where he was a bus driver for years for a company called Cardinal Bus.

If you knew my dad, and saw these pictures, you would probably agree that if my dad were a crayon, he'd be red. :)

8 comments:

Ruthykins said...

oooo, does this mean that you'll be doing everybody?! can't wait to find out what color i am!

yeah, i think red describes dad pretty well.

Alice in Wonderland said...

Very interesting thought. I'll never look at a red London bus without thinking of your Dad, and therefore thinking of you....if that makes sense!
I think that I would see my dad as red too, and my Mother, blue, as blue was her favourite colour.
Hummmm, I will be thinking about this all day now!

greenolive said...

This is very interesting to associate color with a person. I don't know that I've ever done that but I can see it. I suppose you could associate people in many different ways. Perhaps food, smells, or songs. This gives me a lot to think about.

Cassie said...

OOOH! this is going to be exciting! I don't know your dad, but I kind of get what you mean. Do we get to hear about what people/family think about you? I hope so!

Susie said...

What a neat way to describe your dad:-)

mrbusdr said...

Am speechless!!

Puphigirl said...

I knew Dad liked those things, but I never made the connection of red. Maybe it is because I pictured green tractors and blue lighthouses.

KiennaP said...

I think Greenolive could be either Bright Green, Or Yellow. The color Yellow reminds me of Greenolive, and also the other way around. Greenolive reminds me of the color yellow!