Friday, February 13, 2009

A Prayer for Love

My neighbor sent this to me. Sort of fits me for the moment. Nothing like a good prayer in time for "National Single Awareness Day" (what you happy-in-love people call "Valentine's Day".)

A Prayer for Love

As I lay me down to sleep
I pray for a man I wish to keep.
One who is cute with a smile to share
Who makes me laugh without a care.
One who remembers to call when he can
Who isn't a boy - but truly a man.

I pray for him to be sincere and true
To admit when he hasn't got even a clue.
He'll open the door and ask what I need,
Holding my hand, and taking the lead.
Oh find me a man who's not easily annoyed
Has a good job and gainfully employed.
A man who knows how to make me feel good
Loving me as only he could.

I pray that this guy will have a heart of gold
And that our love will grow as we get old.
I know you will find him, before it's too late
So as for now, I will patiently wait.
Amen.

If I could add some P.S.'s, maybe a man with some of these qualities...

















10 comments:

Susie said...

I love that! It's a tootie fruity holiday. Good time to eat chocolate and enjoy the eye candy:-)

Green said...

That's a tall order, but I bet there are a few out there..

deb@virginia blue said...

Beautiful prayer!!
And all the pics that you added were wonderful. =)

Debbi said...

yep. I have that list. :)

I LOVe that picture of the shopping cart! Too cute.

Happy Singles Awareness day.

The Willeyes said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I think Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate everyone you love! I think you will find that "perfect" love. He's out there...your Mr. Perfect. Don't give up...he's looking for you too:)

Rhonda said...

Singles awareness day...that's one I haven't heard but totally get your drift! ;)

Those pictures? HAIL Yeah! (I think that one of the shirtless dude with the baby is the FIRST baby picture that I didn't seem to notice said baby for a while. mmmhmmm

okeydokeyifine said...

He is out there and God will find him and help him find you.

"The Queen in Residence" said...

That was wonderful. I hope that he is out there waiting for you too. You deserve to be loved and cared for, happy ♥ day!!!

purplehaze said...

I know he is out there. Happy singles awareness day! Nice poem.

Anonymous said...

I think I love the grocery store one the best! Good luck finding a man that'll do all that : )