Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Dear Self,

Dear Irrational-Self,

I know that you mean well. I know that you have hopes and dreams and ambitions. I know that you get the "big picture". But sometimes, I wonder if you get the little ones.

I know that you start the day with certain expectations. You have a certain schedule. You even make certain plans. I know that you hope that things go according to those plans.

I know that when you are tired you tend to get a little bit over-the-top emotional.

But things don't always go the way they should, or the way that you want them too. That's just the way life is. It's just the way the cookie crumbles. You need to learn to deal with it instead of sitting there feeling all sorry for yourself.

And, by the way, the *thing* that you are actually moping around about and on the verge of tears about isn't even a BIG DEAL!!! So, pray tell, what is your problem??? Grow up!

I know. I understand it isn't what you wanted. It didn't go the way you planned. But unless you have some Quantum Leap special powers, you're not gonna be able to go back and change it.

So, swallow your self-pity and wipe away your tears for Pete's Sake!

And if this little pep-talk isn't working, then I give you permission to eat whatever the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks you want tonight!

There...Y'see? I knew I could cheer you up! It will all seem better in the morning.

Love,
Rational Self

15 comments:

Kaye Butler said...

Okay, you need a pep talk from someone else besides your Rational Self..by the way...Rational Self did a great job.

Rational ME to Irrational YOU:

Dry it up now or I'll give you something to cry about! Tough love.

You need comfort food. Maybe a huge bowl of CHEESE DIP that you don't have to share with anyone and a huge bag of salty potato chips to go with it. Oh, don't forget the ice cold cafeine... and then to finish it off...one of those big bags of clearanced Halloween candy...and a funny movie or maybe the I LOVE LUCY gang....

Hope you feel better...

Maybe this will make you feel better...

I had a bad day Monday and the HUSBAND came home and ATE coco pebbles in the bed and I SWEAR he had the suround sound hooked up to his "chewing with his mouth open self". I told him to sleep on the couch. His response?

Got the box of RAISINS, and rummaged in it for what seemed like 40 days and 40 nights. I got up, got a bowl, took the box away from him, and dumped the whole box in the bowl and threw away the box.

He said he was ready for twin beds...I told him to sleep in his deer camper. He didn't...

I can't talk about him on my blog...he reads it.

Kaye

Kaye Butler said...

Um, sorry the comment was so long..

S Club Mama said...

I understand. That's how I feel when I'm upset. Like I have voices in my head, but they are both me! And for some reason, the irrational one ALWAYS comes out first!

"The Queen in Residence" said...

Great talk to not just you but me.....I got some not so great news too today. I think that a nice hot fudge, carmel and whip cream sundae will make it all better, at least I hope it will.

Rhonda said...

just have some chocolate. You'll feel better in the morning friend.

Puphigirl said...

Hmm. Ya know ice cream makes everything all better. And now is the season for my favorite, Peppermint Ice Cream!

Tamie said...

way to tell it like it is! :)
now go and indulge in some comfort food (i'm sure that there is plenty of halloween chocolate to apease your wounded soul hidden somewhere in your house!)

Holli and Billy said...

I hope you are feeling better. Let me know if you want to go eat comfort food together. Two miserable people gorging on food is better than one!

Blog Stalker said...

Comfort needed all around I'm sure. What jumped out at me was the refrence to "Quantum Leap"

OMGOSH, I loved that show and still catch it when possible on satellite. Too funny, I wonder if anyone else got that?

Have a great day!

purplehaze said...

Sometimes it is just good to have a good cry. It doesn't matter if it is about something small it just feels good to get it out, and have some chocolate I know that always works for me. Hope you feel better.

okeydokeyifine said...

Hey, Yea, I like Purplrhaze's advice. A good cry is always cleansing and the chocolate always satisfying. And don't forget a MOM is always nice...there for the listening

Julie said...

WHY didn't you call me for a Wal-mart/McDonald's run? You must have been extremely irrational!
Love you!
Desperate Housewife

Ronnica said...

It's sad how often my self needs to hear things like this...

Lil Boo & Co. said...

Did I give you permission to use my journal page for your blog entry? Ha ha!
Cheesecake always helps me. :)

Sera said...

Stopping by from SITS!

I loved your letter. My rational self is often on vacation.